The focus of this qualification is enabling learners to develop competence in a range of knowledge, skills, attitudes and values, including:
- Applying management principles and practices within a specific area of responsibility.
- Initiating, developing, implementing and evaluating operational strategies, projects and action plans
- Monitoring and measuring performance and applying continuous or innovative improvement interventions
- Leading a team of first-line supervisors/ managers, by capitalising on the talents of team members and promoting synergistic interaction between individuals and teams
- Building relationships using communication processes both vertically and horizontally within the unit, with superiors and with stakeholders across the value chain
- Applying the principles of risk, financial and knowledge management, and business ethics within internal and external regulatory frameworks
- Managing the budget within a specific area of responsibility.
- Enhancing the development of teams and team members through facilitating the acquisition of skills, coaching, providing career direction, and capitalising on diversity in the unit.
- Behaving ethically promoting ethical behaviour in a work situation.